Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stretch Marks Fade Away - 30 day Coco Butter Challenge

Today 11/11/2010 starts the day of the 40 day Palmers Cocoa Butter Challenge.  Donnovan swears by it - he thinks this will help the appear of my stretch marks that showed up on my sides since I got to SC.  I'm hoping to prove him wrong but we will see.  I feel that it may help moist my skin and allow it to stretch better throughout my weight gain.  But I don't feel it will help with the appearance. 


UPDATE:  4/19/2012  So forgot to update this... It didn't help vanish the appear of my scars but it did hydrate my skin, leave it feeling ultra soft, and my go to for a facial cream ( Extremely tiny bit).

Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin with an off-color hue. They are caused by tearing of the dermis, and over time can diminish but not disappear completely.  Stretch marks are often the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth (common in puberty) or weight gain (e.g. pregnancy, muscle building, or rapid gain of fat) or in some cases, severe pulling force on skin that overcomes the dermis' elasticity.  **** I would like to thank Wikipedia for such a great definition of stretch marks, ^_^ ***** 


So, thus I feel that a skin bleaching or color correct will be good.  Hell I might even just tan myself for better over all color of my skin ( of course artifically ) and I think i'll be the first black girl to ever step foot openly about going into a tanning both.  lol

The other products is Avon Skin So Soft Oil Gel.  I am trialing it on my skin for the past two days - so far it doesn't instantly hydrates my skin but even after I put it on and sleep and wake up.  I can still feel it on my skin which I don't like because I don't like feeling coated.  I will say since I had some residue on my hands and it is an oil.  I just ran my fingers through my hair and it gave it a extra shine and it controlled the frizz. 

Pros for Skin So Soft Gel Oil:
Great for frizz control and shine on hair
Hydrates fast
Skin feels softer even after I showered and didn't reapplied

Cons for SSS:
Skin feels Coated
Greasy feeling
Smell

The other product is what I use on my face it the L'Oreal Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Moisturizer.  I love it because it hydrates and it makes my skin feel soft.  I use this products before I go to sleep and also after I was my face because i'm extra hairy and I have to shave my face.  ( Thats right - Shave my face).  This moisturizer doesn't break me out or leave me with black heads.  The scent made me sick at first but I just use a small amount of it.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece of writing is truly a pleasant
    one it assists new the web visitors, who are wishing for blogging.



    Here is my web page; real estate investing

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message of any size... I love reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog